Swag Bucks

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Big Move

Saturday we left Maine bright and early, wide-eyed and bushy-tailed (what does that expression even mean?), torn between excitement and sorrow.  Since graduating college - or earlier - I've been looking forward to the day I would finally leave.  I've lived there since the age of 4; it was about time I took my first steps into the great big real world!  But when it finally came down to it ... I never knew how hard it would be to let go.

Thankfully, once we hit the road all seemed shiny and bright.  We had a new house to look forward to, Max was all smiles, and I was filled to the brim with encouraging words from friends and family. 

Six stops and thirteen hours later, we were in our new hometown.  Weird feeling.

Right now we're about to head to the new house, keys in one hand, tall iced coffee in the other (it is HOT down here, and yes I'm a wimp from Maine).   The movers come at 8, and then (surreal as it seems) we'll be living in our new house.  Maybe then this will all start to sink in ...

2 comments: