Swag Bucks

Monday, July 23, 2012

A brief and boring update.

On Thursday we hit the road for our last big trip of the summer.  PHEW!  It's great to visit family and see old friends, but honestly I'm looking forward to being back in Carlisle for longer than a two week stretch!  It's been a wonderfully busy, fantastically fun, whirlwind summer ... but come autumn I plan to bask in regularity. 

We're headed to Maine again (for the third time this summer) and then to Milford, NH for convention and lastly to Cape Cod (for the second time).  Really I'm incredibly lucky that my husband has such a soft summer schedule.  He has had a lot of work to do but a good part of it he's been able to do at home between travels.  And aside from the torturous car rides, Maxwell has been a trooper about all the irregularity.  If only we could figure out how to get him to nap in the car for more than 20 minutes ...

There is not much else going on here ...  I'm just trying to enjoy the crazy toddler antics that are in abundance these days.  Maxwell is still taking two naps a day, bless his tired little self.  He'll probably drop the morning one soon, but until then I'm loving that I have TWO brief opportunities to get things done (or rather, two opportunities to put my feet up and survey the disaster around me). 

Maxwell is snoozing right now and I actually already cleaned up the kitchen .. hence the blog post.  I take that back, I just heard a yelp from upstairs.  Time to collect the toddler and head out for groceries.

Have a lovely day, dear readers.  It's a beautiful one here!

1 comment:

  1. thank you dear blogger for making me smile. Can't wait to see you again. Love, your Mom xo

    ReplyDelete