Several of my friends have been updating their Facebook status daily with something they are thankful for. I'm feeling especially thankful today, so I thought I'd do all 30 at once.
Disclaimer: Most of these will be sappy and/or cliche. Some of these will tell you a little more about me than you perhaps bargained for. If you don't want the serious stuff, skip to #16. Here goes nothing, in no particular order ...
1. I'm thankful for my incredible, loving, strong husband who takes care of me through the good times and the bad. Some days I wonder how he can stand to stick by me. I can't imagine life without him.
|October 2011 in Maine|
2. I'm thankful for my beautiful, healthy son. Every day he teaches me patience. Every day he makes me laugh. Some days he makes me want to tear my hair out, but I love him just the same. He has changed my life forever and I'm thankful for that.
3. I'm thankful for amazing parents who taught me right from wrong, and are steady and true examples of how to live for God.
|This is an oldie but goodie. Don't they look young and innocent! :o)|
4. I'm thankful that I have a close relationship with my siblings. Even with more than 2000 miles separating some of us, we have a bond that can't be broken. I know that they would both be there for me in an instant.
|2000 - How cute were we?!|
5. I'm thankful for Skype, which really helps to shorten the aforementioned 2000 miles.
6. I'm thankful that I have pretty great in-laws, especially since we now live only ten minutes from them. :o) Maxwell is very lucky to have TWO sets of awesome grandparents. I'm also thankful for a really cool sister-in-law. She is way cooler than me, and I'm thankful that she seems to not mind hanging out with me anyways.
|Nanny & Pops - The best in-laws a gal could ask for :o)|
7. I'm thankful to live in an area where Maxwell and I can safely (and easily) take long walks. He loves stroller rides and we all know I can use the exercise ...
8. I'm thankful that Trevor's contract got extended for two more years. Knowing where we'll be for a few years is a huge relief. One less thing to worry about!
9. I'm thankful that Maxwell loves his new babysitter. She is an absolute sweetheart and it is so great to occasionally get to go out and be a grown-up! I should add though that nothing beats having grandparents ten minutes away who like babysitting too. ;o)
10. I'm thankful to live in an age when postpartum depression is a recognizable and treatable condition. I'm thankful for every day that I wake up feeling like my old self. I'm thankful for family that recognized I needed help and then helped me find it. (Okay I guess that's three things .. but really they all go together).
11. I'm thankful that Trevor supported my decision to stop breastfeeding when Maxwell was only a month old, and I'm so thankful that he is growing up to be a healthy boy regardless of that decision.
|Maxwell's first (?) bottle with Daddy|
12. I'm thankful that I get to be a stay-at-home-mom. I always hoped it would work out this way and I am thankful (almost) every day. What a blessing!
13. I'm thankful to have an affordable roof over my head. It's not perfect (e.g. no downstairs bathroom) but it's cozy and plenty big enough as long as we don't have another kid in the next few years. ;)
14. I'm thankful that Maxwell is a little social butterfly. Grocery shopping is a breeze because he loves to sit in the cart and stare/smile at everyone we pass. Cashiers love flirting with him. And he is a perfect (almost) angel in meeting, because there are so many people to look at. I hope this lasts a while!
15. I'm thankful that we can trust the future to God.
Okay .. halfway done and now it's time for my more superficial thanksgiving:
16. I'm thankful for ice cream. Seriously. I'm really trying to cut back, but ice cream can turn even the worst day around.
17. I'm thankful for cozy fleece blankets and fuzzy slippers. Trevor used to call me "Ashley Cocoon" because I would pile so many blankets on at night. I love being cozy!!
18. I'm thankful for days like today, when Maxwell takes a long enough morning nap that I can get in a workout AND a shower, and then another nap long enough for me to blog about it!
19. I'm thankful that Maxwell is taking his time learning to crawl. He's so close, but I really want him to delay it as long as possible because once he crawls my job will be so much harder!!
20. I'm thankful that my husband loves staying in and watching movies as much as I do. We are a lazy pair, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
21. I'm thankful that my mom doesn't mind me Skyping every single day. Yes, I admit it ... I miss my mommy!! Good thing I have a cute baby to use as my excuse. "Yeah, Hi Mom, Maxwell wanted to say Hello!"
22. I'm thankful for Thanksgiving. I cannot WAIT for all that delicious food ... turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, apple pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, pumpkin chip bread, pumpkin cheesecake, oh and of course leftover turkey sandwiches for a week!!! My weight loss progress will totally be reversed, but it's a once-a-year-extravaganza so I don't care!!!
23. I'm thankful for my new phone. It's so shiny. And it does so many magical things. I feel like I'm finally living in the 21st century. At last!!
24. I'm thankful for frozen dinners. I'm definitely doing better at cooking dinners for Trevor now that I don't go off to a job every day ... but some nights, dumping a frozen skillet meal into a pan and having it ready 10 minutes later is such a relief.
25. I'm thankful that I can carry a tune. I know, random. But it's a useful skill!
26. I'm thankful that my neighbor occasionally sweeps our section of the sidewalk and doesn't really seem to mind. Awesome.
27. I'm thankful that one of the results of being treated for PPD is that I no longer feel completely stressed out when the house isn't spotless. Cleaning schedule out the window. Dust bunnies, welcome back! Sorry Trevor ...
29. I'm thankful that Trevor agreed to be the Official Bug Killer for the family when we got married. It wasn't technically in the vows, but I consider this particular verbal agreement to be binding. Thank you, Dear!
30. I'm thankful in advance to all my dear readers who actually read this whole stinkin' thing and are now leaving me lovely comments to brighten my afternoon. :-D
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!