Swag Bucks

Monday, September 12, 2011

And it's not even noon yet.

I love it when I get so much done in the morning that I feel completely justified in being lazy for the rest of the day. Of course, "lazy" means making sure Maxwell stays clean and dry and fed and happy and doing absolutely nothing else. Ha.

But, I started reading a housekeeping blog called i Dream of Clean, because, well, I'm a stay-at-home-mama now and really have no idea how to keep an entire house clean and running smoothly. One tip I love is "a load of laundry a day keeps the piles away." I thought, wow that sounds like a pain in the tuchus. Laundry every day?? When I could just do it all in one day once a week? Or twice? Or ... Yeah so I started doing ONE load of laundry every day, or every other day if there isn't a big enough pile. It totally keeps the piles away. I love it. I throw a load in first thing in the morning, switch it around lunch, fold it in the afternoon. Then every day (no matter how disastrous and unproductive it is otherwise) I can say to Trevor, "Look at this basket of freshly folded laundry! What did YOU accomplish today??" O:-)

 I hear babbling coming from upstairs. I guess nap time is over. After only 32 minutes. Drat.

No comments:

Post a Comment