Swag Bucks

Friday, September 9, 2011

Review: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society

I recently decided that what little free time I have should be used for something other than mindless computer games and television, so I got a library card and sought recommendations from friends.  Then I joined Goodreads, because I like to join websites and then forget about them after a week.

Anyways, I wrote a silly review.  Keep in mind I did not go into the book reviewing business for a reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie SocietyThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer


My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Such a sweet story. Took me a bit to get into because of the format - it's written entirely as letters to and from various characters. I stuck it out though, because it was recommended by a friend. So glad I did; I got completely sucked in and found myself laughing out loud one minute and misty-eyed the next.





View all my reviews

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Aubyn for the recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment