Yesterday was so ridiculously productive that today I've decided to stay in my pajamas as long as possible. I may still be in them when Trevor comes home from work. The reason I was so ridiculously productive? We had our first dinner guests! Unless you count Trevor's parents, which (no offense Nanny & Pops) I do not. Mainly because I don't feel obligated to clean for them .. as I'm sure they've discovered.
In one day I managed to:
- Clean the bathroom (toilet, sink, sweep floor, put out fresh towels)
- Clean the kitchen (dishes, counters, sweep & mop floor)
- Clean the dining room (move the last of the boxes, sweep & mop floor, clear off table)
- Clean the living room (sweep around Maxwell, pick up Maxwell's toys, neaten bookshelves, fluff pillows)
- Make the bed (Why? Who's going to go into our bedroom??)
- Do a load of laundry
- Make brownies
- Prep for tacos
- Clean the dehumidifier (Again, why? I don't know, I was on a roll!!)
- [and, oh yeah, sort of important] Feed Maxwell several times, play with Maxwell lots, get Maxwell to take one good nap and one not-so-good nap
However, when Trevor came home and looked around at the clean house in shock I realized that I may have just ruined my line, "I couldn't get anything done today because I had to take care of Maxwell." Trevor will never fall for that again!! Bummer.
Dinner was a massive success, because tacos are easy and generally liked by all (except crazy people), and the company (Jonathan & Kaila, a couple in our new Sunday meeting) was excellent. The only problem was that my brownies were overdone. BOOOOO!! So disappointing. Thankfully Trevor's homemade ice cream mostly made up for it.
All in all it was a pretty spectacular day. I fell into bed at 10:00 hoping against all hope that Maxwell would sleep in. Lo and behold, he didn't wake up until 8:00 this morning. This is unheard of! So this day is shaping up to be pretty spectacular as well.